Not that I’m counting, but…There are only 36 days, 6 hours, 6 minutes and 25 seconds left until the most wonderful time of the year…
You got it, it’s CHRISTMAS!
There is not a single person I can name who dislikes this very special day…
Well, maybe except Ebenezer Scrooge…
And the Grinch…
But back to my point: Christmas is the most fabulous day of the year for several different reasons.
For me, the best part about the Christmas season is being with family and friends, and indulging in good food and drinks! I am always looking for new recipes to excite my tastebuds and Christmas is the perfect time to experiment!
So here is my gift to you – a drink that is guaranteed to keep you warm this Christmas:
The Pumpkin-Eggnog Martini
- 1/2 tsp Agave nectar
- 1/8 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup Sugar, superfine
- 2 cups Ice
- 1 cup Vanilla almond milk
- 2-2.5 ounces Rum, dark
- 1.5 tbsp Pumpkin puree, pure unsweetened
- 2 tsp Egg whites
- 1 tbsp Agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg, freshly grated
- Additional Nutmeg, freshly grated
1. Rub the agave nectar on the rims of two martini glasses, then mix the superfine sugar and pumpkin pie spice on a plate and dip the rims in a mix.
2. Mix all the cocktail ingredients into a shaker and shake until frothy!
3. Drain the cocktail into two martini glasses and garnish with fresh nutmeg. If you feel like going that extra mile and indulging some more, top the martini with some whipped cream (mmmm…).
4. Serve immediately!
Although there is not yet snow on the ground, we know Christmas is approaching very fast. But before we all get too excited, remember that we still have just over one month left to work our butts off studying in #ClubWeldon for exams.
Keep your eyes on the prize, but remember not to get lost while mesmerized or you may end up like this guy…