You may notice a change of title for this week’s edition of For the Ladies. This is a special gift guide for all the guys out there who are struggling with present ideas for the women in their lives. You’re welcome.
Dear Concerned Men,
Single or tied-down, you will most likely have to buy for women this holiday season. Christmas shopping for a lady is no easy endeavor. If you’re single and you’re shopping for a crush or a lady friend, this task becomes a bit easier but as we all know, girls are what you would call, particular. Women in relationships can be even pickier because they probably have certain expectations from their man. However boys, there is no need to suffer this holiday because we’ve got you covered! Here is your gift guide to shopping for a lady.
If you are buying for a crush it is always better to have a light-hearted approach. Flirty and cute gifts are perfect! The goal is to be cute without making her feel uncomfortable or awkward, especially if you haven’t broken any barriers yet. Shopping for a lady friend is easier but you still need to keep it personal without being romantic. Funny gifts or presents that remind you of a fun moment together are a good place to start. A few ideas are below
- Candy – A candy cane with a cute note is a simple yet effective gift.
- Baking – If you happen to be a talented baking man, make your crush some holiday cookies. Great recipes can be found from Martha Stewart if you are not sure what to bake. She can’t say no to Martha Stewart fudge.
- Mix Tape – An oldie yet a goodie. Burn your lady crush a CD of some of her favorite bands and artists. Add in a cute note on the front of the CD.
- Inside Joke – Buy a gift that only the both of you would find funny.
- A set of things they love – Buy something you know they love and pair it in a set. For example give your music loving friend a couple of CDs and poster of her favorite band.
- House gift – Something nice for her house. Smelly candles are always a great gift for a lady friend. Great candles can be found at Bath and Body Works.
Just a warning, this year’s present could determine whether you’ll be put on the naughty or nice list for the coming year and I am not talking the sexy kind of naughty. Not to add any more pressure or anything. A good place to start when shopping for a present is to think of the following:
- Has she mentioned or pointed out something she likes?
- Has she talked about something she needs?
- What are her favorite things?
- What is your price range?
- Does she appreciate funny or sweet things more?
- Do you have a certain romantic experience that you can put into a gift?
If you are stuck on an idea, thoughtful gifts are always better than expensive ones. If you’ve clearly taken the time to think about her personality and interests, it will most likely be successful. Making or creating gifts is always a cute idea and make sure you don’t forget the card. Don’t be afraid to be cheesy, but the key is to knowing your mate.
Some timeless and great gift ideas are:
- Photo album or framed photos of the two of you – Pick your favorite couple shot or a great memory. Apple makes great photo albums and calendars for great prices.
- A future date “package” – Think about a date you’d like to have and make a gift basket of the things you need. For example plan a movie and dinner date. Put movie tickets, the restaurant reservations, wine for before and some candles for after into a basket with a description of your future date.
- Scavenger hunt – Hide a few presents and make clues from one to the next. You can even make a map if your feeling creative.
- Jewelry – If you know what your lady likes spend the money on a cute necklace, earrings or bracelet. Pandora, Links of London, and Tiffany & Co are all great jewelry stores.
- Chocolate – You can never go wrong with her favorite chocolate.
If you are looking to shop for a female who isn’t a friend, crush or lover take a look at the gift ideas from my article last year. Merry Christmas to all and to all, good luck!